One of my #successfulsummer goals was to do one fun thing a week. I did two. 🙂
*note* The photos above aren’t from the exhibit; I couldn’t take pictures there. 🙂
Thoughts on Modernism in the Pacific NorthWest:
- War can have such a big impact on everything.
- It started out with thin white on dark backgrounds
- Then more white
- and more white
- until it was more white than dark
- And there were influences from the church
- and the asian cultures
- There was a lot of uses of different perspectives
- Both in art and about the world back during the second war.
And then I went to the Museum of Flight.
Thoughts from the MOF:
- Airplanes are such an amazing invention.
- After touring the Concorde, I was in awe of how humans can be so genius. Faster than the speed of sound? Amazing.
- I also toured a retired Air Force One. It’s like a hotel room in the sky.
- And a Space Shuttle?
- I was walking in the same place astronauts had.
- And the painted dark walls made it feel like I was in space.
- Even the imaginary universe in my head was beautiful.
- The universe,
- is beautiful.